The safety & standards ACT.2006 introduced to improve the hygiene and quality Of foods has brought about tremendous changes in the food industry. As per the ACT, no person shall commence or carry an any food business except under a FSSAI license Or FSSAI registration therefore any food manufacturing or processing or packaging or distributing entity is how required to obtain a FSSAI license or registration. FASSI registration is required for all petty food business operator petty food business operator is any person or entity who:
- Manufacturers or sells any article of food himself or a petty retailer hawker itinerant vendor juice stall sweets shops or temporary stall holder: or
- Hawker selling packaged or freshly prepared food by travelling on movable cart or foot from one location to other.
- Small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business with an annual turnover not exceeding Rs.12 lakhs and production capacity of food (other than milk and milk products and meet and meet products) does not exceed 100 kg/LTR per day or procurement or handling and collection of milk is up to 500 liters of milk per day or slaughtering capacity is 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day or less.
Petty food business operators are required to obtain a FASSI registration by submitting an application for registration in form a on submission of a FASSI registration application the registration should be provided or application rejected in writing within 7 days of receipt of an application by authority.
- Pan Card
- Aadhar card
- Mobile no
- Email id
- Rent Agreement
- NOC (No Objection Certificate)
- Electricity bill/Utility bill
- Declaration against nature of business
- Other Registration Certificate.