Terms of Use: Welcome to this web site. These Terms of Use govern your use of all pages & categories of the website. Your affirmative act of using this web site signifies that you agree to the following terms of use, you consent to the information practices disclosed in the privacy policy and you consent to receive required notices and to transact with us electronically. If you do not agree, do not use this web site.


We may change these Terms of use at any time. You can review the most current version of these terms by clicking on the “Terms of Use” hypertext link located at the bottom of our web pages. You are responsible for checking these terms periodically for changes. If you continue to use this web site after we post changes to these Terms of Use, you are signifying your acceptance of the new terms.


Certain areas of this web site, where you can upload or download files, may include usage guidelines and rules that will supplement these Terms of use. By using those services on this web site, you agree to comply with such guidelines and rules.


You agree that we may provide to you required notices, agreements and other information concerning this web site electronically. We will post the notices on the home page of this web site or on the relevant web page of the applicable service. If you want to withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of this web site.


We may discontinue or change any service or feature on this web site at any time and without notice.


You must provide at your own expense the equipment and Internet connections that you will need to access and use this web site. You are solely responsible for any costs you incur to access this web site through any wireless or other communication service.


You may use this web site for lawful purposes only. You may not submit or transmit through this web site any material, or otherwise engage in any conduct that:

a. violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary rights;

b. is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortuous, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions, or accounts of, sexual acts;

c. victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;

d. impersonates any person, business or entity, including AOL and its employees and agents;

e. contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;

f. encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or that gives rise to civil liability;

g. violates these Terms of Use, guidelines or any policy posted on this web site, or

h. Interferes with the use of this web site by others.

You may not use this web site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this web site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, user accounts, computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. We may take any legal and technical remedies to prevent the violation of this provision and to enforce these Terms of Use.


You may not use this web site to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications. You may not harvest information about our users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications. You may not induce or allow others to use this web site to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your access or use of this web site immediately and take any other legal action if you, or anyone using your access to this web site, violates these provisions. We may take any technical remedies to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within our computer or communications networks.


We, our suppliers, and our users who lawfully post text, messages, information and images on this web site own the property rights to that Content. The look and feel of our color combinations and other graphical elements on this web site are our trademarks.


You may use this web site and the Content offered on this web site only for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not use the Content in a manner that exceeds the rights granted for your use of the Content.


Certain areas of this web site may allow you to post Content that can be accessed and viewed by others, including the public in general. You may only post Content to public areas on this web site that you created or that you have permission to post. You may not post Content that violates these Terms of Use. We do not claim ownership of any Content that you may post. However, by submitting Content to public areas of this web site, you grant us, our parent, affiliates, and distributors the right to use, copy, display, perform, distribute, adapt and promote this Content in any medium.


You agree that we are not liable for Content that is provided by others. We have no duty to pre-screen Content, but we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted Content. We reserve the right to remove Content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material.


We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this web site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us to report possible copyright infringement.


this web site may include links to third party websites, including links provided as automated search results. Some of these sites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links do not mean that we endorse these third party sites or services. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for any Content or other materials on these third party sites. Any dealings that you have with advertisers found on this web site are between you and the advertiser and you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or claim you may have against an advertiser.


  • Mr.Amberkar Sushil says:

    My COHS is a Tenant Ownership.My late father was the original member of this individual plot holders society,having 30 plots leased by the Collector Mumbai Suburban District. The land had been granted to my society on perpetual lease and individual plots have been perpetually leased to 30 members. We 4 brothers are legal heirs of the original member and are living in one but own house erected with our own money with permission of the Collector and Society.We 4 brothers have independent flats [ 4 flats ] in our own house. Initially,Society was charging Service & Maint.Charges per PLOT but later changed this pattern with a resolution to collect this “Per Kitchen” and every now and then changing Nomenclature as” per house”, “per residence” etc without cancelling Original Resolution or” Per Kitchen” which itself is against the byelaws or lease agreement. Moreover,the society is charging for example Rs.4500 Ser.& Maint + Rs.500 Repairing Charges=Total Rs.5000/- per Kitchen. As we are 4 brothers “Family” of original member the Society is asking us to pay Rs.5000/-individually.,i.e.Rs.20,000/- as we have 4 kitchens and where is only one legal heir or only one kitchen he is paying only Rs.5000/-!
    1.We do not have four share certificates,but only one.
    2.We get only one voting right.
    3.We have our own property card.
    4.We do our own maint & repairs of our one house.
    5.We pay our land revenue and property tax.directly to the concerned authorities.
    6.We pay our own water charges to Municipality.
    7.We pay our Elect.charges ourselves.
    The Service provided by Society is only that a sweeper appointed by it , collects our individual flats garbage.
    Since this action of Society to collect Ser.& Maint.Charges per KITCHEN instead of per PLOT is injustice to our FAMILY of 4 brothers living in our own one house and is against the byelaws,we have filed the case in this matter with the Asst.Regr. but it is still pending with him for last 3 to 4 years.
    Pl.guide me in this matter for further course of action. I’ll be most obliged to you.

    View Comment
  • anant.kulkarni says:

    If the co-operative society do not respond within 15 days, you have upper channels for getting rid of the seepage problem.Kindly send me details of upper channels.

    View Comment
  • VIJAY GANGAN says:

    managing committee had done some illegal work against society and now they are resign from the committee. All Court procedure in process and new member form the managing committee. Can current managing committee obtained bond or any amount for legal damages by the society.

    View Comment
  • ujjal majumdar says:

    Can RWA make mandatory uses of car sticker with full address given by them on my private vehicle to enter in the resident premises?
    Do I need to make my residential address make public inn this account ?

    View Comment
  • ujjal majumdar says:

    Thanks for your advice,Pls advice alternative proof like identity card,proof of residence can be used to enter in to the premises.presently the sticker is being used to enter the gate only.parking are separately allotted.

    View Comment
  • satish says:

    Dear Sir,
    I stay in thane.I have a podium level garden flat.Garden is around 550 Sq.feet.I have installed a combination of retractable & fixed honing.This honing is not continuous,but covering around 70-80 % of the garden.There is a constant littering of garbage(cigarettes,used condoms,used sanitary napkins,food items,atta,utensils etc ).This atta & utensils falling from a height(29 story building),falls with tremendous impact & can cause serious injury & probably death.Now,management committee is telling me to remove the honing.They say that maximum honing length should not exceed 3.5 feet.This permissible length of honing covers the upper flats complete balcony & is very short for my garden area.KIndly advice what options do i have to resist the managing committe’s dikat.


    View Comment
  • Dear Sir/ Madam,

    I would like to know whether Stilt car parking can be used for any other purpose, other than parking. Because in our Co-operative Housing society, members are suggesting to install a Diesel Generator in the parking area. So, how should I stop them doing this, as one of the society member have written a letter & took members signed to install the Diesel generator in the parking area. As per it could be hazardous & risky to install in the parking area as the cars are parked & it could invite big disaster in the near future.

    So, please suggest the valuable feedback & whom should I approach in municipality & government to stop this. And as per Cooperative Housing Society, Byelaw can we stop them. Your early feedback would help me.

    Thanks in advance.

    View Comment
  • Japan Patel says:

    Requires your view on the applicability of Transfer Fees,
    There are 3 owners in the Flat, Me, My Father and My Real Brother, we brothers are planing to separate after the marriage, my brother is selling his share of flat to my wife, and we are revising the sale deed. whether in this case shall i be able to pay the transfer fee to my society (Registered as a Co-operative housing society)

    View Comment
  • Indu Mathur says:

    I live in a building society in Vaishali, Ghaziabad. For the last more than two years I have major seepage problems in my apartment due to the apartment on the 10th floor. The ceiling s and adjoining walls and ceilings of three of the bedrooms and bathrooms plus entire ceiling in one room is badly damaged. despite various reminders, the upstairs flat is not taking any action in this matter.. this is causing so much stress to us. we are single women living alone and they are taking advantage of this ans not taking any action. The society president has been informed and has directed the upstairs people to take action, yet they are not concerned. please advice.. the stress has started affecting my health and also the seepage is now damaging the woodwork as well. urgent help required.

    View Comment
  • deepali says:

    what if a cooperative society in mumbai does not follow the 14 days time to give notice of an annual general meeting?

    View Comment
  • KP says:

    Respected Sir,
    If a society office area is permitted to be used by a resident member of the society for personal use but with no legal formalities except for some amount taken by the society and they have been using it for last 20 years and also paying maintenance charges against the said area and equal additional extension beyond (office located on the terrace) can the member claim tenancy rights and a flat against the used area for redevelopment.

    View Comment
  • Chaitali Manjrekar says:

    We stay in Mumbai, our bldg. was constructed in 2002-2004 and the parking provided by the builder is not sufficient. Some members have bought the parking along with the flat but many other dont have the parking facility inside the building premises. Thus approx 30-40 cars are parked on road outside the building premises which is a inside road with a dead end. Vehicles of only two complex were using this road so there’s no question of traffic on same. Now on the opposite side of the road new construction has started by a big builder and all of a sudden RTO has put a No Parking Board on their side i.e. opposite side road. Now we are facing lot of problem of parking our vehicles. Please guide us what is to be done to remove the No Parking zone and secondly to get that place from RTO or any related authority for private parking for our society members.
    Thanks in advance

    View Comment
  • Agarwal says:

    Respected sir,
    I had purchased a house 2 years before.The house previous owner had been the member of co-opretive society but he wanted to take loan on that house so before selling the house to me he taken out his name from society .The society had given a NOC letter WITH REGISTRAR signature of getting free of house from the membership of co-oprative society.Now the society is threatening me asking the membership fees being the member of co-oprative society.Members of society have put the matter in co-oprative society court.I want to ask can the society put this case under co-oprative society court even I am not the member now of co oprative society.What action should I take?

    View Comment
  • RAJINDER says:

    We had a dispute with Cooperative Group housing society, which is governed by delhi cooperative society act 2003.The case went upto Tribunal who decided in our favour.The MC is not honouring the verdict of tribunal and inventing its interpretaion.What mechanism I have to enforce the decision of tribunal in letter and spirit

    View Comment
  • krishna says:

    My name Krishna , my elder brother by name Suribabu gave me Rs 5 ,00, 000 /- by way of cheque two years before. the reason for giving cheque is that he has sold away some movable properties of our ancestries long back so he has given me the cheque of Rs 5, 00,000 / – as an entitled share of me by way of compensation . I have encashed the money also . recently we both had conflict between us therefore he filed civil suit against me stating that he has borrowed money to me by way of cheque for my sundry debts and also stated that inspite of repeated requests i have not repay him the money but whereas he has never asked me the money in oral or written by way of notice. I need advice whether this suit is maintainable or not ? By issuing a money by way of cheque will stands as borrowed money? than for what purpose the Promissiory notes are there as Negotiable instruments ? Is it not Discharge of liability ?

    View Comment
  • RANGA says:

    I am residing in the top floor of a flat and on terrace other flat owner is keeping flower pots. The watering of the flower pots is so bad that the entire terrace becomes wet everyday. In the flat meeting so many times it has been told to remove the plants but they are very adamant to do so. the seepage from the terrace may spoil my false proof ceiling is not listened by them. What to do? can we go for legal action? Common areas are indiscrimately used without any bonding to the rules. FYI, We dont have any bylaws regd. total 10 flats in 05 floors. Kindly help us how to deal with this situation.

    View Comment
  • Kotwal Abdul Shukkur says:

    Andhra Pradesh
    7th Dec 2017
    Sir, I Kotwal Abdul Shukkur Ex-LEM(P) No 096302W joined in Indian Navy on 21/12/1969 and released on 22/3/1981, with
    judgment of honorable supreme Court of India dated 27th Oct 2016, in CA 2147/2011
    and CA 8566/2014 I am eligible for special pension and to this effect I have applied for the special pension to the Logistics Officer-in-charge, Naval Pension Office, C/O INS Tanaji, Mankhurd, Mumbai. So far I
    did not get any replay by that office.
    I request you to take up the request of pension and please advice me to the following phone number or E-mail address

    Thanking you,
    Yours Sincerely

    Khadar. A.Shukkur

    Cell No. 9642066625
    E-mail: abshukkursbi@gmail.com
    My postal address:
    Kotwal Abdul Shukkur Ex-LEM(p) No. 096302W
    Dr. No. 26-38-86/6, 13/2 Lane
    Guntur-522 004
    Andhra Pradesh

    View Comment
  • R. George says:

    I am owning one apartment in Mysore and one car parking is also part of the sale deed executed in 2014. Now I require one additional car parking. Builder is having some extra car parking and he is ready to allot it for a price. Apartment owners association was formed recently and taking care of maintenance now. Since there are some issues with the developer, he has not officially handed over the maintenance to the Apartment owners association. Some flats are yet to be sold and the builder is not paying the maintenance charge to the Residents Association. Some residents have not paid the maintenance charge to the builder.
    Clarification required relating to the following points
    1. Whether builder/developer has the authority to collect money for the extra car parking
    2. Whether the Apartment owners association has the authority to collect deposit or charges for the extra parking at this stage
    3. How will be the legal ownership of the extra car parking as no sale deed is executed- (only one allotment letter)
    4. All the apartments are not sold out. Car parking area is a common area included in the undivided share.I want right of use of one extra car parking. To whom shall I make the payment ? Builder/developer or Apartment owners Association
    5. Can the Apartment owners association allot the open space for car parking by charging some deposit or annual charges?

    View Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *