Society is bound to repair the seepage of flats
Section 93 of the Delhi Co-operative Societies Act, 2003 deals with such problems
Management of co-operative housing complex by co-operative societies.
(1) The management of co-operative housing complex shall be entrusted to the committee which will ensure cleanliness, security, upkeep of common areas, services, landscape and exterior of the building, prepare a budget for annual maintenance charges which shall be got approved annually from the general body and it shall be the responsibility of the member or occupant, as the case may be, to make payment of maintenance charges to the committee.
(2) If any defects occur in the flats and any repairs are required after allotment, the committee shall have the right to get such defects rectified or repairs carried out at the cost of the member or members concerned in whose flats such defects need rectification or need repairs and if the member or members concerned fail to make payment to the committee for getting such repairs carried out upon being given proper notice, the committee shall recover the above dues as arrears of land revenue by making a reference to appropriate authority under section 111.
(3) A member who wants to carry out internal repairs may apply to the committee for necessary permission and if no structural changes are involved and the proposed repairs are not likely to cause any defect in the flat of any other member, the committee may grant permission to the concerned member to carry out the internal repairs.
(4) In case any defect occurs in the flat of any other member or members on account of internal repairs in his flat by a member, the member or members concerned shall be compensated by the member who has carried out repairs and in case the member concerned does not pay the necessary compensation after service of notice, the committee shall recover the same as arrears of land revenue by making reference to appropriate authority under section 111 and after such recovery to make payment to the affected member.
(5) All the flats besides other assets of the co-operative housing society shall have to be insured for all risks including earthquake annually on reinstatement basis against the value of the inflation for the same type of buildings.
In case any reader of this page feels any problem in getting rid of the problem or the society or the upper floor owner is not repairing the seepage. Or it may also happen that the society is facing the problem that none of the member co-operate with them for removal of such problems, you can leave a reply below and this web-site will give you the suitable advice to get rid of the problem for ever.
IF YOU NEED ADVICE OR ASSISTANCE, LEAVE A REPLY BELOW