Signature compaign is not valid in Societies resolution
NOT TO SPEAK OF GENERAL MEETING RESOLUTION, IT IS NOT VALID EVEN FOR A MANAGING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY
Rule 60 of the DCS Rules, 2007 specify Meetings of the Committee-
(1) A committee of a co-operative society shall exercise all the powers of the Co-operative society, discharge all the duties as may be specified in its bye-laws by means of resolutions passed at its meetings. No resolution shall be passed by circulation to the members of its committee.
(2) A committee shall meet as often as required but a meeting shall be held at least once in every month in case of primary co-operative societies and once in three months in case of federal co-operative societies and financing bank
(3) The notice of meeting shall be given to each member of the committee in writing under the signature of the president or secretary or chief executive officer/ managing director at least five days prior to the date of meeting and such notice shall be served to the member either personally or by post under certificate of posting. In case, the notice is sent by post services, it shall be deemed to be effective after the expiry of forty eight hours after the letter containing the notice is posted properly, addressing, prepaying, and posting it.
Provided that if a member has intimated to the co-operative society in advance that notice of a meeting should be sent to him by registered post with or without acknowledgement due and has deposited a sum sufficient to defray the expenses of doing so, the service of notice shall not be deemed to be effective unless it is sent by registered post.
However, in case of an emergent meeting, the service of notice shall be made by hand ensured at least twenty four hours the time of the meeting.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in the bye-laws, the committee shall cause minutes of meeting to be entered in the book for the purpose in handwritten at the spot in presence of members present and voting. The minutes of each meeting shall contain the names of the members present, names of the members, if any, dissenting from or not concurring in and of its resolutions. At the end of the minutes each member present and voting shall put his signature. If the minutes are not made and recorded in this manner they shall not be considered valid and under such circumstances, it shall be presumed that no meeting was held:
Provided that in case of urban cooperative banks, federal co-operative societies or apex co-operative. societies and urban cooperative thrift and credit societies, the minutes shall be signed by the Chairman or President, Secretary or Managing Director or Chief Executive Officer and shall be confirmed in the next meeting of the committee.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the bye-laws, the quorum for a committee shall be one third of the total number of the members of committee subject to a minimum of three.
LEAVE A REPLY BELOW IN CASE YOU NEED OUR ADVICE OR ASSISTANCE