Seepage in flats reduces life of building
There are n number of multistory buildings in every big city of our country and almost every 3rd house is facing the problems of seepage in their flat. Following are the reasons (“IN A LAYMAN’S LANGUAGE”) (NON-TECHNICAL LANGUAGE) of this problem:
- The builder / contractor during the construction has not used proper quality of water in laying bricks and plastering the walls.
- The builder / contractor has not used required mix of cement & sand and or not used the extra requirement of plastering material in the places where the water was to flow.
- The water / sewer pipes are not laid in proper method using proper material and the pipes are not properly fastened.
- The floor or side walls of wash room / kitchen are not having proper material laid to lay pipes.
- The floor or sides are not fixed with proper material used to fix tiles.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS / DAMAGES DUE TO SEEPAGE:
In the words of a Professor of Civil Engineering of IIT Delhi, if the seepage remains for 1 week in a wall the life of wall reduces by 1 year.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE:
In fact, it is very difficult to diagnose the problem due to which the seepage is occurring. But it is essential to find out and then only get it repaired. Otherwise, one will be recurrently spending money but not getting the results.
WHAT TO DO IF THE UPPER FLOOR OWNER IS NOT REPAIRING THEIR TOILET
The sufferer should give letter to the maintenance agency or to the co-operative society or to the Residents Welfare Association and request the concerned upper floor owner to repair the toilet.
Many a time the cost factors do come in the way. Therefore, it is better to share 50-50 cost of the repair by the upper & lower floor flat owners to get the matter resolved amicably.
Different organizations do have different formulae to resolve such a problem of seepage and get the problem resolved through their own methods.
WHAT TO DO IF UPPER FLOOR OWNER IS ADAMANT
The only way out is to approach social organizations or NGOs working free of cost and one such organization legal-path dot com has been in the lime light for a considerable period who try to resolve the problem by calling both the parties to them and resolving it free of cost. Besides this RWAs and Consumer Associations are also there in addition to Mediation Cell of the local Police, to help in such problem
IN CASE YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED all the above then you need to adopt legal methods available to you. The sufferer has 3 avenues open for action (A) Civil suit (B) Consumer Forum (C) Criminal Case.
IN CASE OF ANY ASSISTANCE REQUIRED, PLEASE LEAVE A REPLY BELOW