Residents Welfare Association Or Apartment Owners’ Association in a co-operative Group Housing Society

IMG-20130816-00268

RWA in a co-operative Group Housing Society: The Delhi Co-operative Societies Rules, 2007; Rule 107 (10) Any other organization such as Resident Welfare Association or Apartment Owners Association, by whatever name it may be called shall not be allowed to control or participate in the management of Co-operative housing complex. However the committee of the co-operative housing society may set up sub-committees consisting of member and non member to assist the committee in the management of the complex of the cooperative housing society.

It has been observed that Residents Welfare Association or Apartment Owners Association are working at various multi story buildings and they have great influence to control the co-operative group housing society. But in fact such persons who control the CGHS, dont have any responsibility towards legal bounding of the Registrar of Co-operative Societies.

Result of the above functioning is that, the members of the co-operative societies suffer in the long run. Therefore, many members of the Societies have come to us to get rid of this problem. We have got them freed from the clutches of such Resident Welfare Association or Apartment Owners Association.

The members have to gird up their loin to repossess their rights, else next generation of yours will remember you for not protecting your own fundamental rights.

LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY OR REQUIRE ASSISTANCE

• sonia says:

I have recently bought a DDA flat in Sarita Vihar. The RWA is asking me to pay 5000 rs (one time) for the development work already done in the colony + 500 Rs to become a member of the RWA + 500 rs monthly for maintenance of security guards every month. I am not comfortable paying 5000Rs because I bought the house at a premium and the owner was already a member at the RWA . If he had paid initially why should i be paying it again. The RWA is pressuring me,
    Please help. Regards, Sonia

• sonia says:

Am grateful to you for your support and timely advise. Regards,

• Anil Sharma says:

Hi, I bought a flat in Indrapuram from a owner of the society. Now society is demanding Rs 25000/- but they are not providing any documentary evidence of these charges. I am not comfortable paying such big amount. Please suggest what should I do. They have verbally threatened me to take action like stopping water supply or some other action.

• Gagan Verma says:

I am a resident in DDA Flat and a member of RWA of DDA Flats since 2001. I also own a flat in CGHS and holds membership in CGHS. Is it legal? I read somewhere that for membership of CGHS, I cannot be a member of another CHGS. However, in my view, being a member of RWA of DDA flat is not construed as holding second membership in CGHS. Can you please clarify this aspect. thanks in advance.

• Vijay Madan says:

What is to be done, if the Managing Committee of CGHS itself is involved in misappropriation of funds, diversion of funds and also having very few members majority of residents are on Power of Attorney?

• Nand Ballabh says:

I am a resident of South delhi and residing in a society called Yamuna appartment and most of the people are dissatisfied with the RWA and RWA key member are not ready to give the resignation ,please help to advise is there is any channel where we can apply for Dissolution of RWA

• Nand Ballabh says:

It is a co-operative society in a private builder constructed flat.

• Anil Sharma says:

Hi, I brought a flat in Indrapuram in May 2013. After I bought the flat socity is asking for RS 25000/- for socity fund. When I asked for which this amount has been asked for they showed me a paper cutting where it is written that the society can ask for .50 percent of the registry amount but I am not sure if that is the correct way of asking for money. Should I bound to pay this amount or I can deny it. The society has not given me anything in written till now and they are threatening me that they will stop water supply. Please advise what should I do? Thanks. Anil Kumar Sharma.

• Sonia says:

Hello again, The RWA president sent me a SMS and asked me again to pay up 5500 as mentioned by me earlier. May I now request you to issue me a letter so that I can pass it on to them. This is sheer harrassment.

• JK Goel says:

Dear Sahota sahib jee, I am writing this to thank you for resolving the complex problems of leadership of our co-operative society. In fact I again admit, no one was knowing who is supreme. few members say co-operative society is supreme and large number of members said RWA is supreme and incidently we had 3 RWA fighting for leadership and political gains. I being the President was perturbed and now I feel relieved after getting clear orders of the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies. I along with my team stand up in ovation to thank you Sir and Today we are able to say that your fee is not more if I see the solutions I got for the complex problems faced by us.

• Jyoti kakode says:

Any judgement regarding Coop Hsg Society is applicable to An Apartment owner’s association ?

• sanket says:

pls tell me whether a sms sent for informing / intimating abt general body meetings of housing society in navi mumbai stands valid. As we dont get signatures of non residential members whether they have recieved the information of meeting or not.

• A.K.Kohli says:

I am member of The Dudial co-p group Housing Society Ltd Regd no 68(H) dated 26/07/1971. Now the RWA claimed that they have merge RWA with co-op society.According to me it is prohibited under rule 107 (10) of Delhi cooperative Society Rules 2007. Pls confirm

• satinder says:

Please intimate if employees of an RWA / society are covered under PF and ESI ?

• Dilip Brata Chakraborty says:

All registered members of Co-op Housing Society is legally bound to pay amount as fixed by managing committee towards building repairs in order to avoid risk of fatal accidents.Is there any judgment in this regard?If so details i/c case nos,name of courts be indicated

• INDER JIT KAKKAR says:

Name of CGHS: VINAYAK CGHS LIMITED, Sector-10, Plot No. 36, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 (Regn. No. GH 731)
    There is duly elected Management Committee in the Society which is functional. But some residents who were defeated in the elections held in May 2016 have formed a “Vinayak Residents Welfare Association” (VRWA) which is against the DCS rule 106(10) but the Members of this illegally formed VRWA obstruct the smooth working of elected Management Committee, they claim that the RWA has been registered. We have lodged many complaints with RCS asking clarifications but some how the RCS has not been issuing any clear cut orders. Your advice is needed what we should do so that the this illegally formed VRWA is prevented from creating hurdles in our society.

• INDER JIT KAKKAR says:

Can a single Member request the Registrar of Cooperative Societies for financial irregularities carried out by Management Committee during the year 2011-12? The relevant section may please be quoted, if it is possible.

• INDER JIT KAKKAR says:

Your advice dated 17.10.2017 is really confusing. On one side the DCS rule 106(10) says RWA in any format in a CGHS Limited cannot be formed but you seem to be side tracking the issue perhaps due to commercial reasons. Other advice dated 21.10.2017 is also absurd perhaps the question has not been understood. Anyway thanks but do not misguide people.

• INDER JIT KAKKAR says:

Thanks for the valuable advice, I am scared.

• Pramod Kr Jain says:

Sir…will it be worth to have a “Residents Forum” to raise voice on behalf of Forum’s members on wrong doings of MC in a CGHS ? Do Forum will need to register residents as its (Forum) members ?

• R D Uppal says:

If MC do not comply with directions of RCS to call SGBM despite their reminder, what action can be taken against MC by RCS or under what section of DCS Act can members of that CGHS ask RCS to initiate against MC?