Registrar can order inspection of Society on complaint of 1 member

Under the law, if a serious complaint is made by a member or a public servant in writing about the affairs of a co-operative society  or its managing committee or office bearers to the Registrar or to any person authorised by him in this regard……….. he may order an inspection in respect of only issues or issues as the case may be , raised in the complaint and the inspection shall be conducted by a person not below the rank of Assistant Registrar.

Copy of the inspection shall be communicated to the co-operative society within a period of ninety days (90 days) from the date of completion of such inspection.

2 a society legal-path.com

Some times it happens that the management of the Society are functioning arbitrarily and without following the Bye Laws of the Society. In such a case, if one or two members complain for wrong doings of the society to the Registrar, the Registrar may or may not take action. The registrar do not move as all the Govt departments claim that they are short of staff and their work has increased many fold. So RCS is also a Govt department, they also say the same. The result is that many illegal activities of the management of the Society go un-detected by all. At the time of audit, the auditor also do not take any care of catching the management for not following the laid down procedures. In fact the auditor helps the management to get rid of the shortcomings by preparing the records at back date and avoid any of his remarks. No remark No problem.

We have practically experienced that even if 1 member of the Society makes a solid complaint to the Registrar with copy of proof of wrong doings, the Registrar can and will order inspection of the Society records and if any one of the member of the managing committee are found guilty, the Registrar gives punishment as per law. There after no one dares to commit such wrong doing in the Society.

Therefore, where ever the members are conscious of their rights, they pin point the mistakes of the managing committee, they do not hesitate to complain to the Registrar and if the Registrar do not take appropriate action, they lodge a case against the management in court of the Registrar, the Registrar becomes bound by law to summon the society management to the court of the Registrar and reply to the allegations. There after, if the allegations are found correct, the registrar gives chance to mutually settle the complaint between the society management and the complainant. If it is not settled, the guilty gets the punishment as per laws.

LEAVE A REPLY BELOW IN CASE OF ANY QUERY OR YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN SUCH CASES

• Sonali says:

A very informative article. Thank you. I am in a ditto/similar situation as above, where I have approached registrar of societies with a serious issue, and the officer acknowledged verbally the problem but said he will accept the grievance letter only if I come to with a 1/3rd votes/agreement, where I possibly cannot get such a support as the problem affects only me and couple of my neighbours(this is about commercial activity running in my neighbouring flat). Looks like I need to pay for him to act which I am not alright with. Can you advise, besides going to court if any other approach like reaching the higher ups would help? Thanks, SL, Bangalore

• Natalina Sanctis says:

Major repairs of the bldg is being carried out on the 30 years old buildings without the mandatory structural audit report, no calling of tenders and contract for repairs given to contractors having no reputation and without any guarantees for the work. We have raised objection to the repairs being conducted without following proper procedures, and so we have not been contributing to the repair fund. Now they have passed a resolution in the AGM to levy 21% PENALTY on the monthly maintenance bill. My query is : Is the committee legally correct to carry out repairs without following the mandatory procedures. Can they levy this major repairs fund contribution in the monthly maintenance bill and charge us interest at 21%. ?? We have written to the Registrar, but as usual there is no response from their end.

• Jai Shah says:

In our society members are claiming open parking as they have purchased from the builder but no one is showing any written proof….what should e
    I do ???

• Jayant Patil says:

As per audit I got, there are many points raised by Auditor. But I am not sure how I individual can take action on this, because other committee members know this and non supportive. Kindly coordinate with me.

• Vishwanath says:

I am member of sanchar vihar cghs reg no 1323 sector 4 dwarka new delhi. The president of current management committee has resigned a year ago. no general body meeting was conducted since oct 2013. Audit for 2013-14 and 2014-15 not done so far. this committee is demanding water charges of Rs1200/ in addition of maintanance of Rs1750/p.m for r.o installed with out consultation of members. Now the committee is collecting Rs20000/ per member to get membership regularised even though we have paid Rs20000/ as penalty to RCS and Rs1000/ to DDA during 2012.

• vishwanath says:

In continuation to my above complaint,i am happy to say that in spite of my complaints to CM DELHI, LG and the REGISTRAR OF COOP SOCIETIES,57 members of our society hane got their membership regularized!’ SATYAMEVA JAYATE!’ Song appropriate to the issue–‘men may hi vishwas, poora hi vishwas…….Janey be do yarro!!

As the present management committee have failed to submit audit report for 2013-14 and 2014-15 on time and failed to conduct G.M, can they now call for G.M prior to election for new governing body?
    2501 sanchar vihar cghs sector 4 dwarka new delhi 78

• ASHOK SHANKAR says:

Our Former construcion Committee (1996-2006)has built a Society Bldg.while doing this they have not taken PLINTH CERTIFICATE,due that Muncipal Corp. has fined Rs.50-thousand each for all 40 members.The said committe had done fradulant work as under:
    1)Former Voice President has owned a flat of someone members on his wifes’ name,by fradulent ways.now costing about Rs.55-lakhs .
    2) Said commitee has also not done AUDIT for the bank transaction made about Rs.22-lakhs in the year 1997-2003 as the records of the same were not maintained.Said fact raised by AUDITOR in his Audit report in 2003-04,but said committee has also ignore the same. Till no Audit done.
    3) Last committee(2010-14) has built a illegal shade on TERRACE and expended Rs.5.50 lakhs. Now,Municpal Corp. has order to remove the said Shade, otherwise OC will not sanctioned.For removal of the shade Rs.2-lakhs expenses recovered from Society members.

• Lester Fernandes says:

I am a member of a Housing Society in Virar (E), The secretary of my society has not done his duty well. He has not had the AGM meeting and the General Body Meeting and he has completed 5 years in the society. How to remove him out from the post of the Secretary. Whom should I approach or complaint against him. Can somebody come to our society and inspect the society.

• rohit oswal says:

Nirmal nagar Co operative housing society pune …society chairman demand 75000 for transfer flat…chairman blackmail me
    ..I need loan for my house ..I apply for noc ..but I don’t get…I have purchase my flat in 2010..

• Mastinder says:

I am from BANGALORE .So where I need to fill complaint against society office bearer.

• We are co op soc ltd in ambernath our ex secretary has damage the building structure for personal use pls suggest were we can file case against him

• Anand says:

SIR,
    IN OUR COLONY THE ELECTION FOR RWA HELD ON 20.03.2016. BUT THE PROCESS OF ELECTION IS NOT RIGHT SOME OF THE POINTS I AM WRITING HERE BELOW:-
    1. NO RECORD OF BALLOT PAPER (HOW MANY PAPER PRINTED AND HOW MANY USED AND THE BALANCE). NO SR.NO. ON THE BALLOT PAPER, PLEASE CLARIFY IS IT OK.
    2. WHEN THE ELECTION ANNOUNCED IN MEETING OF COLONY PEOPLES (THREE RESPECTED PEOPLE CHOOSED AS ELECTION COMMISSION. AND THEY DECIDED IN THE MEETING THAT FOR VOTE ONLY ELECTRICITY BILL OF February 2016 IS VALID AND IN THE TIME OF VOTING THEY ALLOWED JANUARY AND MARCH BILL ALSO. PLEASE CLARIFY IS IT OK.
    3. NO VOTER LIST PREPARED BY ELECTION COMMISSION.
    4. IN BALLOT PAPER SOME SYMBOL ARE DIFFERENT PRINTING AND IT SHOWN LIGHT.(PLEASE CLARIFY IT IS OK)

PLEASE ADVISE CAN I COMPLAIN FOR THIS AND WHERE SHOULD I COMPLAIN.

THANKS & WAITING FOR SUGGESTIONS.

• k m chavan says:

my flat on 2nd floor and above 3rd floor flat likege ( drop toilet water ) a toilet in my kitchen last 6 month. i am so-many times contact of 3rd floor member but till date no reply at last compliant lodge to society but those person not res ponce to society. what next step i can take

• H P NANDA says:

Sir,
    Two numbers of show cause notices u/s 61(1) and u/r 80 were issued by RCS to our CGHS on 18-5-2015 against serious complaint dtd 25-3-15. Accordingly CGHS was asked to explain within a week of issue of notices. The CGHS, if wishes, was asked to appear before RCS on 2-6-15. Both parties heard.
    The proceedings prolonged till 18-2-2016. Thereafter asked to await for orders. No communication received so far. Please suggest how to proceed under present circumstances.

• rahul Mehta says:

when society member can go to Registrar of society for complaint

• rahul says:

dear sir / madam
    pl suggest my query is
    inside society premises in garden area managing committee allowed remove playing insturment / sea sand ?????
    and now construct solid surface with stone tiles for any other use like open chargeable parking or any other use
    they are not taken any permission from any society members meeting and not declare in given any prior meeting agenda
    even ther not inform any goverment body like BMC / SOC REGISTER OFFICE

if not allowed solid surface construction who will bear expanses

pl suggest your valuable reply

• rasik gautam says:

Sir, my society is charging 2₹ sq feet area for maintenance , now being a 2 bhk holder i am paying 2100₹ while all other 1 bhk are paying 1100₹ for the same facilities. I want justice against this ineqaulity. Please guide me what to do????

• Rohit oswal says:

Inspection in : nirmal nagar Co operative housing society .behind poornima tower.pune 411037…chairman demand excess amount rs 75000..He blackmail new member to pay excess amount for NOC. ..misusing his power on poor people …He shut have jail ….In pune city many middle class people suffering….All have to teach a lesson to chairman. ..

• Rohit oswal says:

Make a group of complain n shud help people 1 by 1…n clear all matter…so no 1 will dare to do dis again…many people suffering ..In society chairman blackmail to member n collect excess amount for noc. .This all chairman shud be punished n jail. ..so no1 will dare to do. ..people work hard n make money so he can have own flat. .n chairman take advantage ..so make unity n fight ..complain it to police ..give complain to deputy register. ..so deputy register will send letter to chairman ..will give 30 days notice …

• Mrs. Golwala says:

Dear Team,
    I have received Possession letter of my flat along with covered reserved parking by builder in the year 2007.
    In the year 2012 with majority society take a decision that member who have parking allotment in Index II or in Agreement they would only get Reserved Covered Parking.
    When we have Possession of Covered Reserved Parking, Drafted Sale deed given by builder in that also Parking Allotment is done by builder but due to prejudice of society body members towards me with the majority of body members they gave decision that “We are not eligible for covered reserved parking”.
    Can you please advice us can we get covered reserved parking on the base of possession letter and draft conveyance deed provided by builder.
    Looking for your detailed advice and cooperation.

• Soniya says:

Hi,

Kindly help me in getting the share certificate on my name. I have bought a house. Committee is forcing us to pay the welfare fund of Rs 1 lakh and indirectly we are told that if we do not pay this amount, we will not be able to get the share certificate on my name as the committee will not support us. Even if we will provide all the documents they will keep on asking for other documents until we pay the welfare fund. In their pamphlet form no 20,21 id proof, dd/cheque of 610 rs etc is written to get the share certificate but not this welfare fund.

• Rohit oswal says:

Rohit oswal. .nirmal nagar cooperative housing society.pune 411037.
    I have purchase my flat in 2010…I request chairman to transfer my flat n handover me share certificate ..but chairman demand me excess amount rs 75000…n he told me if u not pay 75000 den in every 2year amount will increase double..I have send many letter to society chairman n secretary but no reply from dem..I have complain to deputy register so De send letter to society to take reasonable amount or not more den rs 25000..but no response from society…All 15 member nowthat ..chairman is doing wrong n collecting unwanted amount from new member ..All member r silent ..chairman is misusing his power…deputy register should take serious on dis society ..so no one will dare to do dis..society name :nirmal nagar Co operative housing society.behind poornima tower.shankrsheth road.pune 411037

• Dasore says:

what to do if the registrar says that he needs 33% residents complaint to proceed. I submitted solid evidence/documents where the president of our society is falsifying documents but registrar is not taking action!!!!!

• Ronak Vora says:

I have a flat in Pune and we are really facing issues with our committee which was formed 2 years back. We have tried to get a solutions but they have imposed so many restrictions which are not acceptable by most of the people staying out of society. In our society, out of 84 flats, 70 % is rented out and most of them don’t come for meetings . Society has imposed below restrictions and they are not ready to negotiate for the same.

1. Payment to be done only via depositing the cheque at Society office. No Neft/ Rtgs/ Cash allowed to be deposited. If cheque dont come they impose fine of Rs 500/-.

2. No bachelors are allowed in society. when we object they informed that this decision are taken in AGM which is not true as i was present in the AGM. They have issued notices on Society letter head to all the owners to remove bachelors from the society 6 months before AGM.

3. They are charging 20 % maintenance extra from rented flat owners stating that this was agreed in AGM and cannot be changed. Whereas as per the Society act maximum can be charges is 10%.

4. Earlier we have a Gmail Group and Wats app Group of all society members, they have removed everyone from them stating that rented flat owners are demoralizing them and creating hindrance for the society. They are not ready to accept any emails from us and doing as per there intensions.

I would request to guide me properly how we should go ahead as and are we allowed to oppose above points or they are correct in what they are doing.

• Prabodh Mangalorkar says:

I have a flat and a commercial premises in the society. For my commercial premises, which is rented out society charges me non occupancy which is slightly more than 10% of maintenance. On top of that they take additional amount and bill me Rs.1500 every quarter as other charges and fail to explain me reason. I find it wrong. Any solution?
    Prabodh

• Anil Mehta says:

Sir, I do have a problem regarding my society.Iam from Gewa Sampada Co Operative group housing society Ltd, (registration no. 218/GH), my problem is that our society has shown the list of 172 members instead of 173 members as One of HIG flat was converted into 2 LIG. Flats..now as society is freehold but we r not able to get share certificate. by my name and management is not cooperating with us to get settlement with the other party who have the other portion of this flat…pl. Do some my problem .

• anil mehta says:

sir can i send u e mail regarding my documents…so u could advise me what should be my next step.

• Jayesh Jivarani says:

Respected Sir,
    I am leaving in Surat Gujarat. I am having my flat on first floor. There is leakage in common drainage line. Because of that I am unable to use my bathroom/toilet in the morning due to smell. Society is not taking any kind of action in this case since last few months. what i can do in such case?
    please guide me.

• Smita pillai says:

I am resident of pune- shivane,society name is greencity. I have been living here since 3 yrs.society chairman secretary & other committee members are extremely indecent and abusive in their language and behavior. There are no monthly meetings conducted and they target those residents who do not support them.the recent issue is that the chairman for no reason and without any verbal or written information has asked the lady who cleans garbage not to clear our bin. This was told to us when we confronted the lady. We are not confronting the chairman as he did not inform us. Moreover my parents are senior citizens and I am a working lady and do not want a spat with that indecent man. We are too stressed as the garbage is all over the place on our floor. Dogs tear apart the trash bag which messes the place. Please advise where to complaint against this and what action should be taken

• dear sir
    we have observed that there are terrace repairs carried out every year in monsoon season without professional advice and uncompetitive local contractor take the job both chairman and secretary are in favor of redevelopment from past three years documentation is unclear 3 of 6 flats on top floor have issue with terrace leakages every year. it is both mental and material loss of tube lights,fans,false ceiling getting spoiled every year. they just want to do cheap work and give false assurance,as per audit report even society is in bad health condition they some how manpulate structural report and submit to bmc
    please guide me

• Sharma A says:

I am a resident in Ghaziabad and the RWA where I live, got itself registered with the Registrar of societies three years back and for the past three years there has been NO election and also the BYE LAWS are very old from 2003 and the current governing body does not want to get the NEW BYE LAWS registered and neither anyone else is being concerned. Without the new bye laws they have incurred heavy renovation work and all the work was done without any General Body meeting, all the decisions are being taken behind closed doors and heavy renovation is work appears to be only being incurred to make some personal profits.

• Dr Saurabh Pandit says:

Hi, I am residing in a society in punjab (derabassi), i want to know where can i forward my complaint if general body of the society is not taking any action. In this case can i forward my complaint to any Govt. department/Govt. servant. I have a problem with car parkings and with shops in the society as these shopkeepers have aquired space outside there shops, so it pose difficulty in walking. Thanks

Best Regards
    Dr Saurabh Pandit

• russell says:

Dear Sir i am writing this mailto u so that i can get justice .. i Mr Russell Fernandes residing from past 3 years at Flat no 26 5th floor Om appt Undri my number 9545556894 i would like to bring to your notice about the harassment done to me & my family by the society chairman .for past one week our building lift is not repaired & two months back my mom had a heart surgery its not possible for to climb the step due to which we cannot take her for checkup my wife is a housewife handling one kid 1.5years its how difficult to handle the situation we are regularly paying maintenance 1000 which is for every flat total 30 flats & the society has expense only watchman payment thats 6500 & common light bill 12000 rest there is no development in the society 3 months back there was a day robbery in our building 2 flats where broken .but still cctv are not installed every time its said society does not have fund Yesterday in the meeting it was informed to collect 7000 from each flat for repairing the lift .when society has fund they are not ready to utilize first 2 years 500 was the maintenance & previous chairman he used to manage all the problem in 500 & no election had happened for electing new chairman selected the chairman who is MR Sanjeev kadam its a request from me pls visit our society any try to solve the issue even no audit is done looking for a positive reply Thanking you Russell Fernandes

• gurunathauti says:

I request you take the action of my society commite whose are not take care the attention of
    society clean up . I am staying at ground floor. Resident of the top floor in this society is throwing garbage
    from their window and unnacessary substance. Also they are not maintaing drainage water.
    The sweeper is not coming on regularly.
    I frequently complaint to society about the same problem.but they are not taking care.

Due to this we are suffering from mosquito and with bed smell.
    Small children are getting ill. Also having the chances of Maleria and dengu.

So i Kindly request you take the proper action of the society ASAP

A-004/ Karmasandesh Building
    New Jantan Housing Society(Hinganwala Lane)
    Pantnagar Ghatkoper East
    Mumbai 400077

• I too have a complaint of being asked to pay 50000 for getting my flat transfered in my name by the Managing Committee. I’ve submitted the papers on Sunday 28th August 2016 they told me to wait as they will discuss amongst each other and reply if they will follow the bye-laws or not. I have been asking them since Tuesday that is yesterday and yet I’ve not received any feedback or reply pls suggest what can I do now.

Pls help me it’s urgent and it’s matter of my life as I need it to be transferred for some purpose

• Mahesh Nair says:

The managing committee is trying to do dictator style ruling in the society.They do not follow the by-laws and arrogantly behave with those who questions about their wrong doing. They are spending society fund without GB approval. Since, the revision in monthly maintenance charge was not passed in the last AGM, I am not giving the revised charge but is paying as per old rate. They have even got passed a resolution that I should not write any letters to them and even if I sent, the same will be ignored. Complaints were lodged to Dy. Registrar and Commissioner & Registrar along with documentary evidences from Oct. 2015 onwards but of no use.

Further, recently my cycle was stolen from the society though there were security guards but the MC is washing off their hands as they are claiming that after handing over the camera footage, their duty is over. Kindly let me know whose responsibility is to get me the compensation.

Pls provide your guidance on the above.

• Hitesh Mistry says:

Sir i am from mumbai, Maharashtra. We are havind 20 members housing society. My question in regards to forming new managing committee by members withought conducting election procedure is valif or petmited byelaws?. Our exiting committee tenure has over and we all managing committee members has resigned in our AGM. Now other members are trying to form new committee by saying that less than 5p membets in society does not required election procedure. How far this is valid. Pleade advice. Hitesh Mistry

• NIGUDKAR G.D. says:

“Shree”
    chairman/ Secy not acknowledge lette. Makes false charges about giving flat on guest. threats police action.is this act of chmn/scty punishable? IPC

• Bhakti says:

Where can I put a complaint for leakage? My house walls, ceiling is damaged due to leakage.
    The society people are not interested in resolving the matter. Kindly revert.

• Sanket says:

My Society doesn’t have elected the Chairman yet after the death of the previous Chairman. The financial like maintenance deposit is done by the secretary.
    Some of the matters are still pending like the water collection in the Closed duct. what to do in such case?

• Abhi says:

hello sir/madam,

i live in Ahmedabad, we have a society of 9 bungalows small society. we don’t have any elected chairman or secretary. what we do that we collect the maintenance amount in a single payment yearly and we use that money time to time for our maintenance. now the issue is that out of 9 bungalows there are only 4 houses are residential or in which people are living. 5 bungalows are commercialized and given to different play group schools. my issue is that our so called chairman raise the money of maintenance without asking me or use the money any where he want to by making fake bills. he also have the unhealthy support of other 2 members because he share the money with them. Is there any thing i can do about them or to our so called chairman to whom we give our money of maintenance. is there any legal way to prove my point. my family is very under pressure. kindly help.

• Shabby says:

Hello Sir,
    There is a running case(filed by me)in Consumer Court regarding”deficiency in service”against society mgmt(delhi)where mydisputal amount is Rs1.25L and their disputal amount is rs10,200(as per them).Now,few months back , they filed a case in registrar,yesterday there was hearing with them , registrar said verbally to pay the disputal amount to O.P.,but they havent given anything in written or they said they will move this case to arbitraton where we may need to pay more money.
    1)Should I pay amount to O.P?Should i pay it with or without NOC?
    2)As registrar havent given in written ,so can they ignore this in future or may lead case to another direction?
    3)Is any lawyer assigned to both party in Arbitration?
    4) Where could I approach if in case, I have to file a case against registrar reply/final decision?
    Thanks in Advance

• SV Londhe says:

The chairman of our housing society gave out security in/out record of the visitors visiting me / my flat in Pune without my knowledge / permission to my opponent party with whom we are fighting a matrimonial case. When objected, he behaved aurogantly. This has violated my privacy rights and likely to make me vulnerable in our court case. I have a video record of his wrong doing. May I know, is there any legal remedy for this.

• Ravs says:

1) Is that any one who purchase flat in society and can become a secretary in 2 or 3 months ?
    2) Defaulters can be a committee member or a chairman of the co-op. society ?
    3) Associate member and the proxy member can attend the AGM and or take decision on behalf of the ORIGINAL flat owner (society as a whole) ?
    4) Fee for Transfer of Flat is necessary or voluntarily taken from flat owner (generally 25000/- but how much as per law)
    Please suggest me the solution of above question with bye-laws sections Please!!!

• Rakesh says:

hi,
    I am secretary of a hsg. scty in mumbai .I gave letter of resignation from the post but, on request of some members i withdrawn my resignation after couple of days …However a week later chairman called the commitee meeting & ignoring my wiyhdrawal letter accepted my resignation despitee of my written objection…Also comittee elected new secretary who signed the notice of AGM before the charge is handover to him by me…Kindly guide me

1. Can my resignation be accepted despite of my withdrawal letter?
    2.Is it mandatory for me to handover the charge to new secretary?
    3.Can the new secretary sign the notice of AGM since i was not told to Handover the charge even after the date of issuing notice.

Also i will like to inform acceptance of my resignation & discrepancies in Notice of AGM was strongly objected by members before & during AGM which was ignored by committee..

• Valentine Charlesworth says:

I filed a complaint with Deputy Registrar ‘L’ ward Mumbai, to inspect the affairs of the society I’m residing in u/s 83 and 79 MCSAct in 2014, on no action being taken I submitted a copy of the same in 2015, later I submitted an R T I application, for which I have not received an answer till date, whom do I approach ?

• Manish Patel says:

Dear Sir, I am living in a registered CHS in block A, our CHS is having block abcde in Ahmedabad, half part of block A & B is commercial so we get less space for parking. Now my question is can member of A block park his vehicle in hollow plinth of block C. i have purchased my flat directly from builder my agreement says parking facilities is common. None of the space is reserved or alloted for parking to any one. pls guide with case details/reference if any.

• ZAWADALI UNIA says:

Hi
    My name zawad Unia
    Illegal construction done by the Secretary of our Society.
    Letter of complaint given to the Chairman.
    Still in the minutes of AGM the Cahairman is hiding the actual fact.
    Reported to Dy Registrar
    What should we do

• Vijay kumar Trivedi says:

I just want to understand the process if an employee wants to lodge complaint against a registered education society for misusing csr and fcr funds. Another, there are discrepancies in the system created by the management over the years.
    In such a case, what should be the appropriate action one should take?
    How one can deal with the issue of harassment and mental torture in the same set up?
    Thank you for your response in advance.

• Hill garden co-op. Housing societies association limited ilegally had given kdmc drinking water to three outside parties without in their agm minutes not approved by hill garden existing 27 societies and without their consent. I am staying in paradise utopia chs ltd. We angel and paradise utopia chs ltd share 4 inch kdmc drinking water equally. This year rupees fifteen hundred spent on kdmc water tankers. Last two years lacs of rupees spent only on kdmc water tankers. We angel chs ltd and paradise chs ltd is getting very less kdmc drinking water. Three outside parties are sunny desaikar near crystal chs ltd,additional commissioner of police office near d’mart mall,msedcl office near alphs chs ltd. Sunny desaikar uses electricity free of cost because he had msedcl electricity line from hill garden electricity main line.sunny desaikar uses free kdmc drinking water free of cost.sunny desikar sells kdmc drinking water commercially for money by mixing open under ground water i.e. pound behind his residence. Due to mis-management of hill garden co-op. Housing societies association limited standing committee members we are facing severe difficulties.kindly remove these three ill legal kdmc drinking water lines urgently.

• Vinay Indulkar says:

I live in a high rise tower of 13 floor building in Mumbai. We have 2 elevators, but due to our society committee negligence both lift are not working properly. There many old people residing in society. And they have problems to climb up and down stair for daily chores. Many complaints have been put to the society office. The committee had taken money from all flats to repair and make new elevator. But made only one. Where the new elevator had fallen to mishap many a times as gear not working or break out of order. Old elevator is out of order as part of the machine are not available.
    Need help to file a complaint against the society committee as many issues with elevator problem and structural audit as many Crack in pillars and beam.

• Reshma Kore says:

Society are not ready to pay passage light exp. like changing CFL bulb.They are saying that this is flat owners exp.society are not liable to pay this exp. Please tell me that is true or not.

• Shridhar Appa Barkol says:

All illegal activities done in the society where I my have flat. No AGM taken till
    Today, no resolution passed till today but all of sudden society had increased my shops maintains and flats sublet charges, with my complain Registrat was
    Appointed in 2011 but till today he had not taken any action on society. After
    5 long years he kept election last month and leaving the society. What’s the
    Meaning of him for being on society for 5 long year. As had been repeatedly
    Informing him about the illegal activities by society by letters not nothing is done what can be done as had kept hearing also on front of deputy register but
    But he is also taking his side. Wanted to know within how many years or days
    Registra hve to hand over the society to new commitee and can Registar can stay for 5 years without solving my problem n going without solving it.

• uday kumar says:

we had 11 m.c. members in 164 flat building. we 4 members of M.C. removed office bearer through dy. registrar for their wrong doing. meantime few M.C. MEMBERS also resigned. now. M.C. strength is 4 from our side 2 from opposition side. but it is more than 2 month now office bearer are not yet resigned and handed over the charge.they called themselves as care taker of the society. 1 member from opposition side says she want resign/or not to attend any m.c. meeting. now my question is whether we 5 members can run the society for time being because dy. registrar says it will take time to fill vacant post through election.

• ajay says:

i live in sahakari awas samiti in which a plot with dimention of 54*34 is sell to other person as dimension of 55*35.Socity autority as well as buyer do this mathmatics internally.due to this road becames less.how to deal with this matter

• Shinil says:

We have received an notice from registrar on the basis of a compliant made by our ex chairman.The compliant states that “the ex chairman of the managing committee alleges that we have not shown the annual accounts of the society to him and proper disclosure is not made to him for the last 3 years”.

In this regard, please note during the last 3 years, the ex chairman himself was the chairman of the committee and not a single AGM or Audit was conducted. After forming a new managing committee this year we have rectified the past errors by file filing the pending audit report and conducting an AGM

What I don’t understand is how can the registrar issue a notice without verifying the facts of the matter. What are option available to us to show that all this irregularities happened when he was the chairman of the committee itself.

One more question : If we don’t conduct agm or file audit report for the 3 years, do the managing committee will automatically get dissolved. ?

I request you to please suggest me some remedies.

• Shinil says:

Please note that we are governed under Maharashtra Co operative Society Act

• rajeev jain says:

Any rwa can make beyond counrty election system and violate the fundamental right of a member,if so that a member where to challenge this for earliest action,please advice and competent authority contact detail please.

• Rohan Kothari says:

Some people in the society are parking their vehicles right in front of the gate. There is absolutely no place for two people to walk out together. The other thing is in case of emergency no ambulance or rickshaw or firetruck or any other such vehicle can be parked in front of the Gate. Please do advice us what steps should we take to clear this. Letters to the secretary and discussions had been held with no outcome.

• suresh shetty says:

Sir , i am from Mumbai , my society secretary and chairman is desperately delayig the very very urgent repair work of the building ( one part of the building facing rd ) , two pillar( beams ) are very very weak , huge cracks on the beams from bottom to top .On several request to society MC , strectural audit has been done after two months of request from us , even the aduit report is not shown to the members , as per the information , buidling need very very urgent beam repair as per new audit report on SOS bases ( it is under critical condition , advicied not to stay in building effected side ), but MC is delaying despirately ( reason not known – their is previous history of old MC and new MC dispute and egos

i am the one of the effected member , how to tackel the issue legally , pls advice
    ultimately we can not risk on our life
    thanking you

• MUKESH KUMAR THAKUR says:

Sir
    our existing executive committee of society not holding election but taken continuance of existing executive committee for next year. as per by laws tenure is one year. they are into 2016-17 (second term oct 16 to oct 17) and first term was for 2015-16 (Oct 15 to oct 16). renewal of society was due on 20.07.2016. For renewal of society they are showing 2016-17 (second term as 1st terms ) and previous committee term as 2015-16 ( actually it was 2014-15) so that NOC can be given and can continue without election and get renewal of registration of society also.

Can we file complaint to registrar and ask for interefere…to hold election etc

• Bella says:

Sir my society is not audited their account from many years and doing fraudulent activity I want to filled the complain against them but don’t know the authority to approach please help

Dear Bella, You are advised to get in touch with any or our expert to make complaint on your behalf.

Dear Mukesh, You can certainly complain to RCS. It will be better to approach through any or our expert. SECONDLY, You can also ensure that your society makes everything transparent. See http://bairwabharti.cghsltd.in

• v g ghag says:

In our society we have installed intercom system by contribution, & 2 watchmen on duty during day. but whenever outsider come to any flat security has to inform him/her and then only allow the person to visit the flat. but, now a days no body inform the members and sometime any unknown person / currier or any unwanted person rings the bell. It is very risky during noon/afternoon for a any lone senior person. matter was brought to the notice of society management, but they do not bother to take action against watchmen.

Dear VG Ghag, Society is to tighten the Security. Approach them. Give legal notice. Personally visit any or our legal experts

• Dimple says:

Hi, I am Dimple. In my society the registrar purposely elected 3-4 members who were defaulters. As per bye law, a defaulter has no rights to participate in th election. Some defaulters didnot participated in the election bounding the laws. But they roused their voice to the registrar as none of the defaulter should be elected, inspite of yelling the registrar proceeded with the elections n now those 3-4 defaulters have become the chairman, secretary n part of committee. Old committee have not handed over any documents to the new committee cause old committee have complained the registrar for the injustice happened. Also new committee have started making bank transactions without old chairman n secretary signatures. The registrar is supporting the defaulters as he have taken money from them so what action can the old committee take to remove the defaulters? Plz help

Dear Dimple, Defaulters have no right. Better contact any local or our legal expert

• sheetal says:

I am staying in mumbai.my uper flat member have 2 children (boy) they make noise play cricket futboll jump from chare pull the chare which make noise. the man work in call centre and he comes late in night (1.30 or 2.30)at that time children jump which make noise. what can I do .i give 1 complent latter to socity secretary but there is no change. what can I do

Dear Sheetal, lodge police complaint for nuisance

• Jaswinder Sahota says:

Can RWA members (majority of about 50%) issue show cause notice to EC members in case they are not active as per bye-laws and doing practicising un-conostitutional practices during their tenure, not making accounts public, not replying to residents queries, only interacts at the time of maintainance collection time.

Dear J Sahota, RWA management is bit different due to adoption of different bye laws. You need to peruse bye laws of your society and accordingly take legal action. You may take help or engage any or our legal expert.

• Sheeba says:

Respected Sir,

For every festival giving away the amount fixed by the committee members is very difficult for me. My total income is Rs.13,000/- pm. I have many responsibilities and plus EMI of Rs.5000/-. It’s very difficult to donate every now and then. Sir, I want to know is that is it necessary or compulsory to give the amount fixed by the committee members for any certain festival? Can I give what amount I feel to donate ? Please guide me in this matter, it will be highly appreciated and obliged.

Thanking you
    Yours truly,
    Sheeba

Dear Sheeba, No donation is compulsory at any place, not even CGHS or RWA. You are advised contact any or our legal expert