Deficiencies in services by co-operative society

ADOPT LEGAL-PATH

Question: The co-operative society takes maintenance charges but do not provide proper services to few of the members. what can we do ?

Answer: The members are consumers of the services provided by the co-operative societies. Such members have TWO options open to them.

(1) Write complaint to Managing Committee, then Complain to Registrar and then if necessary file a case in the RCS

(2) File a case in Consumer Forum of your jurisdiction against the Society and claim compensation for deficiencies and penalty for office bearers of the managing committee.

(3) Adopt path recommended by legal-path.com >>> Leave a reply below with your problems with the Society and you will get our reply to get the solutions to your problem.

Members must adopt legal path for their rights

Members must adopt legal path for their rights

Question: Is there any person who can guide us or help us or assist us in ensuring that our Society provides proper services to us

Answer: Yes certainly. You may just leave reply with your complete particulars below this page and you will find that suitable consultant shall respond within 48 hours. Adopt legal-path route to solve your problems.

Question: Our society Managing Committee is not having proper knowledge of co-operative laws. What can we do ?

Answer: You should leave a reply below and some one will contact you, provide you the knowledge and expertise within 48 hours. Just Try it. Adopt legal-path route to solve your problems.

LEAVE A REPLY BELOW, IN CASE OF ANY QUERY OR ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

• Mr Kumar says:

Please inform that the People living on rent can also be covered under this. Can people living on rent can follow the same procedure of complaint.

• ASHOK KUMAR GUPTA says:

I have purchased my stilt parking space from Builder by extra payment while purchasing my flat in 2000. I have TWO Maruti Suzuki WagonR. By virtue of my Wagon R small in size, I am able to park both vehicles along with side parking of my scooter and motorcycle in the same stilt parking area. Now after so many year, Society has started levying penalty in parking more than ONE car and TWO 2-wheeler. Is there any rule in Bye-laws which prohibits parking of TWO 4-wheeler alongwith 2-wheeler in the same stilt parking area?.

• ASHOK KUMAR GUPTA says:

My Society is a Cooperative Housing Society in Mumbai. My Flat is in Kandivali (East), Mumbai-400101

• Captain Dr Umesh Kumar Gupta says:

dear Sir, I am a retired senior executive from BHEL a PSU and taken a flat on rent in ashok nagar kandivilli east mumbai ,I would request you to guide me on my right to avail various maintenance services provided by society and action we can take if requirements are not met. thanking you. Captain Dr Umesh Kumar Gupta

• mochaowner says:

This is a wonderful website and provides useful information and courage to resident owners who are harassed by a group of “friends only” mc s who get elected because the attendance in AGM is not even 20% .They bring in arbitrary laws and rules to favour a few and harass a few and numerous complaints in the complaint register are neither addressed nor replied to. I have been one such resident who has had to put up with arbitrary decisions of the MC and have suffered damage to my flat due to the non cooperation of mc.They have also withdrawn a security guard from a post that had been in place since the builder handed over the maintenance to owners 12 yrs back.After receiving no response from the committee regarding complaints in register for six months, or otherwise, I sent a legal notice to be replied within 5 days.They requested 15 days time and replied back in false and frivolous statements, blaming me for having numerous complaints and wasting their time.Meanwhile there were attacks on my property in the form of drilling screws in my wall on the pretext of fixing a tube-light without my knowledge.My car tyres used to be deflated regularly and I was threatened to be thrown out of the building fro having sent a notice. I logged a police complaint and 20 mc members and other influential people from the complex came and spoke to the inspector.Yet they were not ready to admit anytjhing or frame rules to avoid damage to anyone’s property.They gave a conditional undertaking at the PS stating they would “prevent unintentional damage to my property.” Even as we returned from the PS and entered the bldg, a truck was reversing at the same point, leading to a threat of hitting my wall.There are 2 alternate ways for trucks to reverse which doesn’t cause harm to anyone’s property.
    We have a yahoogroup membership and they have chosen to hide all the members’ email ids , so we are not able to contact each other or even know who the owner and moderaor are. Our mails might be going to hackers/scammers/anti-social elements.
    They have called an ambiguous meeting (through e-mail) tomorrow without circulating the agenda or sending the notice door to door.They might be instigating people against me. Kindly let me know whom to approach under such conditions for speedy redressal to my problems.

• V.Raghupathy says:

Dear Sir, We stay in a Apartment in Chennai, TamilNadu, which is relative new and we formed our Residence Welfare Association in Apr’14. We had a committee of 14 members(with 5 EC members) of which 7 have resigned(2 EC members) now. The remaining 7 do not want to resign nor do any welfare for the society. We requested to call for EGM with majority signing a letter and tried to handover the letter to Secty, However, the Secty denied accepting the letter and term it as Illegal. Please Suggest us as to what is the process to dissolve the present committee and call for EGM. (Please note its a society of 68 flats of which 50 have signed letter requesting for EGM)

• tarun says:

In our cooperative society, tenants are being charged more MMC as compared to owners. Moreover, the committee members including the president of cooperative society is very rude to tenants to the tune that he refuses to accept any queries/points from tenants, though more than 50% residents are tenants. Please advise.

• DR.ANIL MATHUR says:

A housing society of 78 flats at Kota rajasthan ( no cooperative society rules are made by govt so far) has only 23 stilt parking available and rest 55 are open. The society is charging equal monthly subscription from all residents whether they stay their on continuous basis or regular resident. But now they are deciding that stilt parking will be allotted to only who stay their on continuous basis . Now Question is whether the flat owners like us who visit their on weekly basis & likely to shift their permanently in near future be deprived of parking? We had also paid lakhs for purchasing flats and have equal rights to common area as per supreme court rulings. Cant they do it on rotational basis. What is legal remedy available. It may be noted that the nagar nigam kota may not yet issued the occupation certificate i.e has not officially handover the common area to society. regards. Dr.Anil Mathur

• sanghita says:

Our society is having several irregularities as regards accunt part and legal part

• Nanda trimukhe says:

I am the member of a society. we do not have lift in the society, no watchman. some drainage system is blocked and i am unable to use toilet, no light in corridor, we fix our bulbs outside of the house. and since long time election and not done. under this situation i gave oral intimation to the society many times but they did not bothered to answer but now they have sent me a huge bill and notice to pay maintenance and property tax. i have to say that if society is defaulter why should i give maintenance.

• Dilip says:

I have a parking slot sandwitched between 2 other slots. When I purchased the flat 6 years back, the builder said he has only this slot vacant and available. Since i had no option at that time i acceped the same.This slot being sandwitched I have a great difficulty to remove anc park my vehicle. Many a times i have to depend on tne mood of the front or rear slot owner. However now after formation of society it is found that there are few more slots vacant. The society is alloting them to the members who were not given parking by the builder. When I requested the Mg.Committee to consider my case, the Mg.Committee is refusing my request on the grounds that I had accepted the parking slot willingly from the builder.The Mg.committee is not ready to use their powers under the bye laws. Kindly guide me what course of legal action I can adopt in this matter.

• swati bhandarkar says:

In our society there is inappropriate supply of water. Some flats get ample supply of water while don’t get a drop of it.we have made a written complaint to the the secretary and chairman but no actions are been taken.pls do guide me for the same

• aarti says:

we own a ground floor house in a group housing society , a few days back mcd in a drive to demolish encroachments , demolished our balcony grill .. the society accepted it was not unauthorized but did not come out to help at the same time one of the side wall is encroached by the neighbour against which we have been telling the society but .. they promised that it would be seen in this demolition but nothing happened to that particular issue and we faced a loss.. we do not have access to our window and they dry clothes on our wall the society does not help in any way and say we need to take our own action.. we after the incidence put a complain to the mcd commissioner but not heard any thing since nov 15 .. kindly guide in the order we need to proceed .. we have also asked for our map which the society has not given us. we are a second owner of this flat. the flat is in east delhi society. thanks you

• Shabby says:

Hello Sir,

I would like to inform that as there was ” Deficiency in service” Case was raised against CHGS Delhi in month Sep’15. I looped lots of emails to the Registrar of CHGS at that time, but as I didn’t get any response from Registrar , I filed a case in Consumer Court few months back. Now, couple of days back , I got a Hard copy from Registrar for summon ( Respondent has filed a report in Registrar office ). I would like to ask , Is it possible when
    (i) Already Case is going with Consumer Court , Can they file a report to Registrar?
    (ii) Is there any rule through which I can cancel their point ?

Please tell me how can i proceed. Your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Shabby

• Shabby says:

Thank you sir for details. I am ready to face the RCS case , but can a case run at two different places ? Secondly , it is possible that RCS can ask Consumer Court to assign this case to them( or dismiss the case on their side) because I’ve heard that RCS mostly results out the case in management Society favor. Is there any limit or time period within which consumer court has to dispose the case in any of one favor? Your knowledge always help us,its path showing. thanks. Regards
    Shabby

• Sanjay says:

Our flat is on seventh floor Our soiety management has been changed four times in four year I’m requesting for power back up of lift from day one & lift not working two to three weeks some times..we are paying maintenance on regular basis but not getting mandatory services …pls. suggest & advise can society management has to be punished & penalty should be apply for our deep incoveniece due to no lift opearion..

• RAJ Khatri says:

The flat is on my wife name. we are paying six months maintenance charges regularly in time. while my presidentship, few members put allegation to get me remove from the seat as i was regularly applointed as president. The AR Office declares that irreguarities are there for team is responsible but no fraud is there. Now current committee has discontinue the service of dg power gate opening by security plambing and electrician car clearner et etc The member is my wife not me.
    Is it legal to do by the committee or illigal.
    Kindly advise.

• RAJ Khatri says:

The flat is on my wife name. we are paying six months maintenance charges regularly in time. while my president ship, few members put allegation to get me remove from the seat as i was regularly appointed as president for four years. The AR Office declares that irregulatries are there for team is responsible but no fraud is there. Now current committee has discontinue the service of dg power gate opening by security plambing and electrician car clearner tc The member is my wife not me.
    Is it legal to do by the committee or illigal.
    Kindly advise.

• DINESHKUMAR S Kotian says:

Dear sir,

Ours is a commercial society where our office is located. In our floor there are 3 common toilets and 8 offices. Two of the members have locked one of the toilets and using it as their private toilet.ladies members are forced to share the gents toilet. When requested for the keys he passed loose comments to the lady members. The same had been brought to the notice of the secretary.No action has been taken.please guide us

• farida r kapadia says:

We rented a flat in a gated comm in gajuwaka vizag based on the facilities like swmg pool etc. As long as the builder was managing we had no problems. Now some owner have formed a committee first they stopped facilities like swmg pool etc. now lifts dont work, no water for hours almost 4 to 5 times a month and plus they have raised the maint charges from 1k to 1600k. we agreed to pay for 6 months, but nothing has changed. now we dont want to pay extra becoz the facilities were better in 1k. the members r saying that the builder has given them a society with debts etc. But why we should be penalized when they took something over their shoulders without proper investigation and knowledge just for status symbols like becoming secretary etc. they r now threatening us that they will stop our water supply etc if we do not abide. we are senior citizens and we opted for this soc only becoz of the facilities. Pls adv. what to do.

• ULHAS says:

i have rented my shop to bank for A T M. Bank has installed V SAT antennae on TERRACE. Society wants me to pay rent of Rs. 1000 monthly for the antennae.
    In same society three other A T M s are there and owners of those shops are paying Rs. 100 rent as demanded by society. I am afraid that if i agree then as flat owners have mejority than shop owners, in AGM they may pass exorbitant rent in future.
    Please advice whether charging of 1000 rs. is legal,My monthly society charges for shop are Rs. 50 and one time payment is made while taking possation.

• RENUKA R KALYANKAR says:

Respected Sir,

I Renuka (BJP worker) from Mandalagaon, MAnkhurd , Ward No 144, would like to request you to guide me regarding the mismanagement of our Chawl Cooperative Society.
    No body dares to proceed for complaining and hence since the last 5-6 yrs no proper functioning of the society is going on. We want to set a new committee of members mainly ladies , for which we want to get ur guidance, since no proper maintainence of records, payment of bills had been carried out. Even the Audit has not been done regularly. They are not ready to show the book of records.
    Our Chawl in Mandalagaon in under BARC, for which we want to present ourselves in BARC for redevelopment of Chawl into Buildings, for which BARC is ready, but the present society members are having some fishy ideas of giving to Builder for which they want to earn hefty earnings from the Builder. In the process till now no development has been done.
    Even the regular meetings to be taken by Society are not done.

Please guide

• Amit says:

I am staying in Mumbai and the biggest challenge we are facing is the damage to our property like car, 2 wheeler etc due to the kids playing inside the society premises. We have already given our complain in writing to the society but no action has been taken by them. We have also filed an NC with the local police station recently but the society members have not taken any action. Many of the members staying inside the society are complaining on this matter but the society is not taking any action. Please let me know if I can file a case against the society on the negligence and deficiencies in services.