Converting Leasehold to Freehold

TO CONVERT LEASEHOLD TO FREEHOLD: In case you have received a leasehold property by DDA, HUDA, GDA etc., you will additionally need to convert it to freehold by making application in the concerned authority armed with correct documentation.

For example, in case of  such a conversion in DDA, you need the following along with the application and fees:

PLEASE COLLECT THESE FORMS AND formats to apply for converting leasehold to freehold.

Undertaking in prescribed format duly attested by Notary Public/First Class Magistrate. (Annexure “M”)

Affidavit in prescribed format duly attested by Notary Public/First Class Magistrate. (Annexure “N”)

Indemnity bond(s) in prescribed format(s) duly attested by Notary Public/First Class Magistrate (Annexure “O” and “OO”)

Copy of POA(s) along with copy of Sale Agreement (Where application is made by attorney), duly attested by Notary Public/Gazetted Officer.

Copy of Completion Certificate/ “D” form (in respect of all plots and flats allotted by Cooperative Group Housing Societies) duly attested by Notary Public/Gazetted Officer.

Proof of Physical Possession by the person in whose name the conversion is sought viz. copy of possession letter or slip/House Tax receipt/ration card/passport/driving licence/Identity card etc. duly attested by Notary Public/Gazetted Officer.

4 attested passport size photographs and 4 attested specimen signatures of the person in whose favour the conversion is sought duly attested by a Gazetted Officer/Notary Public as per Annexure “P” (If the applicant is allottee/sub-lessee/lessee, then his/her photograph and in case of applicant being an attorney, photographs of person named in column “3” of the application form are required to be submitted.)

Copy of lease deed/sub-lease deed/conveyance deed/allotment letter/demand letter duly attested by Notary Public/Gazetted Officer.

Copy of N.O.C.(s) from the mortgagee(s) duly attested by Notary Public/Gazetted Officer.

Undertaking in the prescribed format duly attested by Notary Public/First Class Magistrate (Annexure”R”).

After collecting all the forms, you can apply personally, through an Agent or online to the appropriate authority to convert leasehold to freehold.

• nirmal says:

Thank you very much for your guidance and help. I thank you because my house is now freehold with your help

• Jawala Singh says:

I do not have form CD. Can my freehold be completed by paying compensation immediately ???

• NCS NEGI says:

I wish to convert my CGHS flat in IP Extension Patparganj to free hold. Pl HELP

• vanshdeep says:

Dear sir,

Can I buy society flat (samrat ashoka) in dwarka whose draw is done by dda in 2012. But the society is not freehold till date.

• jagdish chander nangia says:

SIR’
    I AM OWNER OF A SOCIETY FLAT AND WANT TO GET IT FREE HOLD BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE SOCIETY HAS NOT OBTAINED COMPLETION CERTIFICATE I.E.FORM D. MOREOVRE THE SOCIETY HELD SELF DRAW AND STILL IS NOT REGULARISED ONE. THERE IS NO HOPE/EFFORT BY THE SOCIETY TO GET THE IRREGULARITY REMOVED. IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES IS THERE ANY PROVISION BY PAYING PENALITY OR INDEMNITY OR EXTRA CHARGES BY WHICH I CAN GET IT FREE HOLD PLEASE SUGGEST THE RECOURSE I AM WILLING TO SPEND AN EXTRA AMOUNT IN THIS REGARD PLEASE HELP ME OUT

• Amitabh Singh says:

I wish to convert my Janta flat in Mayur Vihar Ph.III to Freehold. Pls. guide

• Irashad says:

Sir, could you please guide us about the exact Validity Period of the No Objection Certificate issued by the Cooperative Group Housing Society for getting the a flat freehold from leasehold for Conveyance Deed.

• Vanshdeep says:

Plz send ur contact no

• P.C. Ghai says:

Sir, Is it compulsory/mandatory to submit attested copy of approved sanctioned plan of the building for a builder floor ? Conversion brochure is silent about submission of the same. Form C, D and building plan sanction letter are not sufficient for the purpose? Kindly advise. Regards,
    P.C. Ghai

• jagdish chander nangia says:

SIR, ON 28TH APRIL AS ABOVE I ENQUIRED ABOUT MY FLAT WHICH IS NOT FREE HOLD ON ACCOUNT OF FORM D NOT OBTAINED BY THE SOCIETY AND YOU REPLIED THAT UNLESS AND UNTIL FORM D IS NOT SUBMITTED THE FLAT CANNOT BE GOT FREE HOLD AND AS PER LATEST NOTIFICATION ONLY FREE HOLD FLATS CAN BE SOLD. IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES IF I WANT TO SELL IT FOR MY URGENT REQUIREMENT WHAT I S THE RECOURSE TO ME PLEASE SUGGEST THE OUTWAY. THANKS

• jagdish chander nangia says:

PLEASE STATE THE CONTACT DETAILS OF THE PROFESSIONALS WHO CAN DO THE NEEDFUL AND THE PROCEDURE FOR OPTING THE OTHER ALTERNATIVE AND THE EXPECTED TIME FRAME FOR SORTING OUT THE MATTER AND WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS TOO
    THANKS

• jagdish chander nangia says:

On TV on 1/6/2013 on IBN7 and P7news channels there was a news on the captioned bar that in Delhi the ban on Power of attorney sale of property has been removed w.e.f. 1/6/2013 is it fact and if so what are the details as there is no further news in paper etc. Pl elaborate and guide thanks

• Sunil Gupta says:

Can I own a CGHS flat and also another DDA appartment for which I am not the original allotee.

• adit says:

I have applied online for conversion of my CGHS flat ( original allottee), generated challan, made payment by NEFT, prepared documents scaned and uploaded ( though website says original allottes may not upload d docs online, but i still did it coz i had them ready).. but the main problem now is that i have not got any reply from DDA since one month of filing it succesfully online. i just have an acknowlwdgement email from dda.

PLZ advice what should be done now.

• Umar says:

I have a Flat in Shipra Suncity, a joint venture between GDA & Shipra Estates. That is on lease hold. How can I get it converted into free hold, please guide. The area is 1000 Sq Ft. approx. Its a G+3 Building. Thanks.

• phoola pandit says:

I want to know what is SIP and where can I browse/ down load the SIP form. Kindle reply at your earliest

• amit kashyap says:

Need to get my flat freehold

• lois dollin says:

Hello, i have a leasehold flat in luton and have been unable to contact the freeholder for over 2 years. i have heard that after this time i am entitled to take over the freehold myself. is this possible and if so how do i go about it.

• Deepak Ahuja says:

I have 32 sq yard plot in Rohini sector-29. I want to get it converted from leasehold to freehold. Pl let me know how to take extension, Building Plan, and finally Freehold.

• Anmol Goel says:

Hi Sir,
    i need your assistance ,can you please contact me.

• M.S.Bisaria says:

We have a DDA Flat alloted on lease hold which we wish to be converted in Free Hold. Kindly assist us.

• Gaurav Sharma says:

Dear Sir
    I am having a LIG flat (DDA) I mayur vihar area..I wish to convert it to free holdind..But sir due to late payment of instalment..i am bound to pay panelty under sec 141..But i have no mean through which i can calculate how much i need to pay the panelty..kindly guide

• S says:

I am having flat in CGHS Dwarka and want to convert into free hold .but the MC is dismissed by RCS and Administrator but financ commission has stayed appointment of Administrator till next date of hearing but cancellation of election has not been stayed. how can I get NOC from society. Is NOC must? I am original allotee and all papers are with me pl advise?

• Kamal Sharma says:

I am an owner of a builder floor in Rohini locality of Delhi. There are two other occupants in the building on Ground Floor & First Floor. The said property is not a freehold property. I would like to know that how can we convert our property to freehold from leasehold. Thanks

• Kamal Sharma says:

Dear Sir, I have understood the material on this web site. But in my case the building is occupied with 3 different owners with registered GPAs in their names. The builder sold floors to us and now he is un-traceable. In such case what are our options to convert this land to freehold.

• Anil Kumar says:

Sir, I want to buy an expandable floor constructed on a DDA plot which is not converted as freehold, in Rohini. How can I covert it as freehold?? Is it possible to convert one floor into freehold??

• RAJEEV CHOPRA says:

I HAVE PURCASED A DDA LIG FLAT ON POWER OF ATTORNE NOW IWANT TO CONVERT IT IN TO FREEHOLD ,HOW CARGES IHAVE TO PAY DDA FOR THE SAME .PLEASE ADVISE.

• Mahesh kumar says:

Sir I have stall in slum jj colony delhi under D U S I BOARD .I WANT TO FREE HOLD .I AM PRUCHEGER OF THIS STALL..I AM NOT ALLOOTTEE.HOW I CAN IT FREE HOLD FROM LEASE HOLD

• jagdish NANGIA says:

I want to apply for the conversion of CGHS flat at Rohini to free hold. I am Residing in Dwarka Sector 9. My question is In REALITY how much time it takes once the required documents are submitted. If the same are submiited through by your expertise how much are the charges and how much time will it take for the full process.

• VRV Pragada says:

I am having a 60 sq meter plot allotted by DDA with executed lease hold deed. I want to know whether it can be sold with this lease hold deed and what type of documentation is required for sale.

• VRV Pragada says:

• SANJAY KUMAR says:

I HAVE A 25 SQ. YD. RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY IN JJ COLONY NORTH WEST DELHI AND NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR FREEHOLD PROPERTY. CAN I DO THAT AND WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE PLEASE GUIDE ME.

• Sandeep Gupta says:

I have a flat in Masjid Moth GK-3. I want to covert it from leasehold to freehold.

• satish Mishra says:

Sir,
    I Had Flat/builder floor, kalkaji,
    He is not converting it into free Hold What should i Do.
    Satish Mishra