Consumer gets compensation from DDA: National Consumer Commission has asked DDA to ‘hand over the possession of the flat’ after fixing the defects and also pay compensation of Rs.3 Lac to DDA Flat owner at Rohini, New Delhi. It took 17 years delay for the DDA in making the apartment “habitable”. The court directed the Delhi Development Authority to fix the defects within 3 months time.



Consumer gets compensation from DDA: Mr. DK Jain, President of National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, heard the appeal of DDA against the Orders of State Commission for this expendable house in allotted to Mr. Pramod Pal Singh in 1995 in Sector 25 Rohini Phase-III for which Mr. Singh had paid Rs.3,36,840.

The brochure of DDA claimed that the construction was complete and it promised all basic amenities like water, sewage and electricity etc. However, in spite of several attempts by the allottee to the DDA authorities, the flats were not provided with complete amenities. ” The State Commission had appointed a LC [Local Commission] to visit, inspect and report the physical state of the flat and in the report submitted by LC it was evidenced by photographs of structural defects like cracks in the front and some windows. Some windows had no glass fitted even for the 1st time and other window glass were broken. The kitchen had no proper electrical wiring and the flat had no electrical panel. The tiles in the toilets were broken or fallen from the walls. Plaster on some walls had started falling and external plaster at some places had also fallen.

Zemanta Related Posts Thumbnail


In general 99% of the Consumers or Allottees of DDA flats never demand or expect DDA to repair defects and ensure to remove the defects from employees of DDA. General consumer also do not want to get into litigation with DDA for removal of defects.


In the opinion of the Disputes Settlement Trust, the Consumer is King. Consumer has vast rights to exercise. But the Govt lacks infrastructure to give such facilities to the Consumer in India in spite of efforts by several Government Advertisements like JAGO GRAHAK JAGO by State Governments. The reasons have been surveyed and now being conveyed is that, while the Consumer wishes to exercise their rights, the Consumer lacks the skill to fight the case in the Consumer Court. Different people have different skills and therefore, the consumer depends upon his own skills and loses the case.


We recommend the Consumers to approach us with the problem and we will give you proper advice which is normally in 2 parts. The first part is to resolve the disputes through conciliation and arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The second part is to get it resolved through the Government machinery set up for the welfare of consumers i.e. Consumer Protection Cell of the Disputes Settlement Trust, which will fight out the case in the Consumer Forum, State Commission and National Commission and if required in the Supreme Court of India.

Consumer gets compensation from DDA

About the author


  • Latha says:

    I live in son harish raj studied in the coaching institution fiitjee for 3 months.we had paid an amount of Rs 1 lakh and 50 thousand rupees to the institution as the fees for class 11. After withdrawing my son from the institution due to dissatisfaction in teaching methods, we went and asked for our money and cut 3 months from the while year’s fee they disagreed saying it’s not their institution’s policy to return money. They also said that the bonafide signed at the time of admission states that money will not be refunded. Please suggest me something to get my money back.

    View Comment
  • Dear sir,
    I have been member of the bihar posts and telegraph society ltd since december’14.I took rs.300000 as loan from the society in may’15.They issued a cheque for that loan amount on 21.05.2015 and also started calculating the interest from the same date.Against that loan i gave a 190000 rupees cheque on 28.12.2016.But that amount not deducted from my loan amount because cheque did not get clear till today.Due to this i pay 1900 per month as interest as they charge 12% interest rate.i asked them many times but there answer was not satisfactory..
    Should i go to consumer forum?

    View Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Albizia Theme designed by itx