Car Parking charges imposed by Co-operative Society

There are several disputes of common car parking charges imposed by co-operative societies i.e. CGHS and RWA i.e. residents welfare associations found in Delhi, NCR. The disputes of reserved car parking space charges are lesser than the disputes of common car parking charges imposed by the societies and co-operative societies. Some of the co-operatives group housing societies in Delhi and NCR; and specially the societies in East Delhi and West Delhi are charging per car charges on parking the Cars by the members in the common space of the co-operative group housing societies.

society parking open legal-path.com

ILLEGAL CHARGES PER SIZE OF CAR: Some of the Societies are charging e.g. Rs.100 on maruti 800; Rs.250 on I20 or Honda City size cars and Rs.500 on SUV like INNOVA etc. per month; on parking the vehicles in the common car parking space of the Society. In our opinion it is totally illegal.

ILLEGAL CHARGES PER NUMBER OF CARS: Some of the Societies are charging e.g. Rs.500 on 1st Car, Rs.1500 on 2nd Car , Rs.2500 on 3rd Car and Rs.5000 on 4th Car per month for number of cars parked by a member. In addition a case has come to us in which the Society started charging Rs.200 per day/night on the 5th Car. IT IS TOTALLY ILLEGAL. The members are not aware of the law. The legal path took up the case and before the case  was represented by the Society the society has reduced all the charges by more than 50% in their annual general meeting.

IMG-20130828-00350

When legal path spoke to the claimant recently, he said that he is 100% sure to recover NOT ONLY entire amount paid to the Society along with interest BUT ALSO damages for wrongful & illegal malafide action of the Society management and also for mental agony & harrassment.

Click Here to see the Judgment of Arbitrator dated 4th March, 2014

The Society went in appeal before the Delhi co-operative Tribunal against the order of the Arbitrator and to see the Order of the DCT,DCT Order 20.4.15

The member of the Society, filed a Writ Petition before High Court of Delhi against the Order of the Delhi Co-operative Tribunal and the judgment of the High Court may be seen here. Anup Mittal vs Kanungo CGHS Ltd

LEAVE REPLY BELOW IN CASE OF ANY QUERY OR ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

• G. K. SAHI says:

Please advice how I should move my claim of parking.

• tushar says:

Hello Sir, I have not purchased a parking while buying the flat. Recently I am being told by the Society secretary to park my vehicle outside the society premises. I think I should take up this matter with the proper channel hence have came to know of this forum. I need urgent professional help.

• VINOD KUMAR SHARMA says:

I do not understand what kind of advocate is pleading that society is wrong in charging money for car parking for more than one car and he has taken up the case with Delhi High Court. I am regularly contradicting the stand that every member is entitled for free car parking only for one car and it is the preoperative of the General Body to pass resolution for charging extra for parking more than one car. Now the case has already been decided by Delhi High court in Anup Mittal (Huf) V/s Kanugo C.GH.S. Ltd. wherein the matter have been decided in favor of society with exemplary pecuniary fine on the litigant for wasting time of the court. The order of the High Court is published on the internet and various newspapers also.

(Note: objectionable material is deleted)

• Suhas Gokhale, Vashi, Navi Mumbai says:

Our soc levies parking charges only for open parking space and not for stilt parking space.Is this legally valid? Pl comment and give solution at the earliest.

• Kausik Saikia says:

How to put a complaint against the management of cooperative society regarding their recent allotment of covered car parking?

I am a member of the society in Dwarka, New Delhi and i have purchased the flat in 2010. Recently, Society has made 3 additional covered parking and invited for the interested candidate. Accordingly i have applied and accepted the application.

During the date of lottary, suddenly they have excluded my name from the list and draw the lottary.

I would like to put a compliant against society for the illegal procedure.

• Rajesh Sood says:

We have bought flats from Satilila Sehkari Awas Samiti Ltd, Greater Noida and have been living here for more than 5 years. The society has charged for open car parking and one time maintenance charges and now they have stopped paying for electricity bills which hey have collected from residents.

Please advise how to move about this to get a some remedy.

• Arvi S says:

Dear Sir-
    My society is charging me annual car parking charges of INR 5500 (free for members). I shifted into an Apartment in East Delhi (IP Extension) that belongs to my Aunt. My Aunt lives abroad and my Mother is the Power of Attorney. The society says that Tenants have to pay INR 5500 and since I am not a direct relative of the owner, I become a tenant. The society forced me to submit Tenancy documents when I was moving in (I had to furnish Tenancy and Tripartite documents in order to move in smoothly). Recently, I have submitted to letter to the Society office mentioning that I am not a Tenant and that my mother holds a Power of Attorney status. Can you please let me know if I have the right to ask my money back?

regards