Appeal against the order of National Commission

Appeal against the order of National Commission is specified in Section 23 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. This particular section specifies that any person, aggrieved by an order made by the National Commission in
exercise of its powers conferred by sub-clause (i) of clause (a) of section 21, may prefer an appeal against such order of the Supreme Court within a period of thirty days from the date of the order:

Appeal against the order of National Commission may be entertained by the Supreme Court of India only on expirty of 30 days from the orders of the National Commission. However number of days may be relaxed if the party satisfies the Court of valid reasons for the delay due to which it could not file the appeal within the prescribed period.

(Provided further that no appeal by a person who is required to pay any amount in terms of an
order of the National Commission shall be entertained by the Supreme Court unless that person
has deposited in the prescribed manner fifty per cent of that amount or rupees fifty thousand,
whichever is less.)

supreme court of India

If not appeal is lodged within the prescribed period as mentioned in the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, within the prescribed period given for making an Appeal, the orders of the District Forum, State Commission or the National Commission shall become final and binding on all the parties as per Section 24 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.


About the author


  • DR Rajendra Prasad says:

    can we go for an appeal in supreme court as we felt national consumer forum order is defective in general in medical negligence case

    View Comment
  • salila says:

    my revision petition has dismissed on 18/10/2016 by ncdrc.printed order is to get at late ,may u pl provide sample papers to file appeal in proper i have been facing summiliary rejection,so bear huge cost is in hardship .pl mail a sample copy .thanks

    View Comment
  • kusum Lata Devkinandan says:

    I have made a appeal against discriminationby HPCL Management on the basis of caste and equality and not given similar punishment on same ground. Mr P l punia had not listen my request , arguments properly and given the decision in favour of Management under the influence of HPCL Management. I have made a representation to P L Punia but no weightage is given to my request and till date no action is advised. .in between my husband is retired in nov 2016 . Dicision was given in the month of Aug 2016. I am under depression and not know what to do. Please guide. My e mail address is Kusum Lata

    View Comment

    Greater Mohali Development authority (GMADA) has filed a case in national commission against the decision of Punjab state consumer forum. Now I have received intimation from national commission that case hearing is fixed for 10 May 17. Kindly advise me what should be the procedure and layout of reply I have to give to national Commission.

    can you recommend suitable advocate who can represent my case in national Commission or can I represent the case myself.

    View Comment
  • Visual abrol says:

    Can cross objection is allowed in appeal filled before national commission against the ex parte award .

    View Comment
  • nagaraju G says:

    is national forum providing free copy of the order ,, and the limitation counts from the receipt of the order..

    View Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *