Additions Alterations allowed in DDA Flats
The Ministry of Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation, Government of India has allowed certain addition(s)/alteration(s) in DDA flats. These are applicable to all flats built and allotted by DDA irrespective of whether these are located in notified and denotified areas. The addition/alteration(s) allowed are categorized in three categories:
Permitted with intimation/permission:
Additional coverage permitted with prior permission.
* To convert existing barsati into room provided the wall is made of only 115 mm thick.
* Grills and glazing in verandah with proper fixing arrangement.
* Raising height of front and rear courtyard wall upto 7′ height by putting up jali/fencing.
* Providing door in courtyard wherever not provided.
* Providing sunshades on doors and windows wherever not provided with proper fixing arrangements.
* Closing the door.
* If the bathroom or WC are not having roof, these may be treated as open urinals and allowed. 8. Raising the wall of balcony/terrace parapet with grill or glazing upto 5′ height.
* Construction of open staircase (cat ladder) where no staircase has been provided for approach to the terrace.
* To put provide additional PVC water tank at ground floor area without disturbing the common passage.
* To provide an additional PVC water tank in the scooter/car garage at the surface level.
* To provide loft /shelf in the rooms without chase in the walls.
* To change the flooring with water proofing treatment.
* To remove half (41/2) brick wall.
* To make a ramp at front gate without disturbing the common passage /storm water drain.
* To provide sunshades or the outer windows upto 2′wide projection.
* To provide false ceiling in rooms.
* To make an opening of maximum size of 2′6″ x1′9″ for exhaust fan or air-conditioner in existing walls.
* Fixing of door in back and front courtyard.
* Converting of window into Almirah subject to availability of light and ventilation as per building byelaws provided that no structural elements are disturbed and there is no projection extending beyond the external wall.
* Shifting of water storage tank/raising of parapet wall upto 5′ height and putting additional water storage tank. Wherever the existing water storage tank capacity is less than 500 ltrs in a flat, a 500 ltrs tank can either replace the existing water storage tank or if possible the additional tank can be added so as to make the total storage capacity upto 550 ltrs. However, such replacement/provision of additional tank will be done only on the locations specified for such tanks and the supporting beams will be required to be strengthened suitably. Parapet wall around terrace can be increased to a height of 5′.
* To shift the front glazing, rooms/windows upto existing chajja.
Addition/Alteration(s) Permitted With Prior Intimation / Permission:
Following addition(s) / alteration(s) can be carried out with prior intimation/permission of the concerned agency i.e. DDA/MCD as per the prescribed procedure:
* Interchange the position of kitchen,bathroom & WC with proper connections subject to structure safety. To carryout this interchange, all the allottees of one vertical stack will have to apply jointly to the concerned agency.
* Construction of bath room and WC in the rear courtyard.
* Covering of open terrace with sloping roofs upto 9′ height with light weight material e.g. fibre glass / AC sheets / GI sheets with pipes and standard angle iron section etc. and enclosing with glazing.
* Removal of original structure and reconstruction with due permission in the case of single storeyed built up flats only subject to the satisfaction of building bye-laws and prior approval of the local authority.
Additional Coverage Permitted With Prior Permission:
* Covering of courtyard and floor level terraces is allowed subject to fulfillment of building byelaws and structural safety. In three or four storeyed flats the owners at upper floor shall have the right to cover the area available as a result of coverage of courtyard /terrace of floor below. In such cases the residents of DDA flats in a vertical stack served by the same staircase should give their consent and jointly apply for permission.
* In two storeyed flats the allottee at first floor wil have no right of construction above the courtyard built by ground floor allottee. The upper floor allottee of two storeyed flat can use the roof terrace for extra coverage as permissible.
* A barsati on the roof terrace of the top floor in addition to mumty is allowed. This barsati should preferably be adjoining to the mumty and equivalent to the size of the room below so that construction of wall over is ensured at terrace level. This will be subject to the provision of access to the residents of the block for maintenance of water tank, plumbing system,fixing of TV/Cable antennas etc. All the addition/alteration(s) and additional coverage will be governed by 5 basic principals: * There is no encroachment on the public land.
* Structural stability of the building is ensured.
* Light and ventilation of the habitable rooms is ensured as per the building byelaws.
* There is no infringement of other’s rights.
* The service elements such as manhole, rainwater fittings, sanitary fittings etc. are not disturbed and remain exposed for periodical inspection and maintenance. The owner(s) will be allowed to cover additional space with prior permission of the concerned agency i.e DDA/MCD as per the prescribed procedure. The existing additional covered area and addition(s)/alteration(s) can also be get regularized by the owner(s) of DDA flats if the same are within the prescribed norms following the same procedure. Procedure of Permission.
* Additions/alterations in DDA flats in the Development Areas of the DDA shall be permitted by DDA and in other areas by MCD.
* An Architect registered with Council of Architecture under Architects Act 1972 shall have the authority to certify plans for their correctness regarding original construction as well as proposals being in conformity with building byelaws and to the guidelines of addition (s) /alteration(s). Once the plans with all the documents certified by the Architect, structural Engineer and fee are submitted to DDA/MCD, these will be taken on record and treated as permitted.
* The person(s) who has / have already carried out or intend to make addition(s)/ alteration(s) in the flat(s), shall intimate in writing in the prescribed form and such intimation shall be accompanied alongwith the documents as given in Para 3. The form is to be filled up and jointly certified by the owner(s) and Registered Architect which contains the statement of the proposal and amount deposited. The proposal with all requisite information/documents and certification shall be accepted by DDA/MCD and one coy of the proposal will be certified /stamped and returned to the applicant. Incomplete proposal shall not be accepted.
* In cases where permission is required for interchanging the position of kitchen, bathroom & WC or for additional coverage in courtyard and terraces, all the owner(s) of one vertical block will jointly submit the proposal to DDA/MCD. In case, where all the owner(s) of one vertical block are not interested to carry out the addition/ alteration but one or two of them are interested, they will have to obtain no Objection Certificate from the remaining owner(s).
* The Architect(s) may draw the original plan of the flat(s) by measurements and satisfy themselves about their correctness. If need be, they can obtain a certified copy of original plan of the flat from Housing and Urban Projects Wing, DDA on prescribed payment. Building Plan Fee And Additional Floor Area Charges A building plan fee of Rs. 200/- will be charged for processing the plans irrespective of covered area involved. In addition to this, a charge of Rs. 450/- per sqm. Will be levied for additional covered area proposed to be constructed. The rate of Rs. 450/- per sqm. is in accordance with the rate given by the Ministry vide order dated 25.09.1998 (Annexure -E) for additional FAR in group housing pockets. Provision of Test Check DDA/MCD reserves the right to test check the proposal / completion submitted to it and in case it is found that the proposal / completion is not in conformity with building bye-laws / given guidelines for addition(s)/alteration(s) in DDA flats, the permission will be revoked and action will be taken against the Architect as per Rules and Regulations, and the construction which is not in conformity with building bye-laws and guidelines will be removed as per provisions of Delhi Development Act/ DMC Act. Documents to be Submitted.
* Application form in prescribed proforma.
* 4 (four) Registered with Council of Architecture under the Architects Act 1972 indicating his / her name, address, telephone number, clearly showing original construction in blue colour and proposed construction/construction to be regularized in red colour at a scale not less than 1: 100.
* Certificate of supervision by Architect and structural Engineer alongwith a copy of their valid registration and qualification certificate.
* Certificate of supervision by Plumber if changes in wet areas i.e. kitchen,bath,WC/Toilet are proposed or the services are being affected in any way alongwith copy of valid registration certificate of Plumber.
* Proof of ownership documents: Lease deed / conveyance deed shall be taken as documents for the proof of ownership. Registered sale deed or general Power of Attorney /Agreement to sale shall be accepted as the proof of ownership only after the property has been converted into freehold by DDA. This will also be required from the owner(s) who have given NOC only.
* Certificate by owner(s) and structural Engineer for safety from natural hazard as per the proforma prescribed by Ministry.
* Indemnity Bond for structural stability on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/- duly attested by 1st Class Magistrate/Notary Public. This Indemnity Bond will have to be given individually by all the owners of the vertical stack of flats. This will not be required from those owner(s) who have given NOC only.